With the clocks jumping forward 1 hour this weekend (1am Sunday 27h March), it can be tricky to keep your little one's sleep on track and can take a few days to adjust. Here are just a few things you could do to try and make the transition smoother for the clocks changing.
- Start altering their bedtime by just 15 minutes or half an hour earlier than usual a few days before Sunday. Naps and mealtimes will also need to be altered in line with bedtime on those days.
- Tire them out as much as possible during the day
- Cut down or remove screen time completely about 1 hour before bedtime
- Black out blinds can help disguise the brighter evenings
- Create a calming atmosphere before bed. A bath can help relax your little one in the lead up to bed time. Some calm story time can also set the mood for sleep. Having the right lighting in their room also makes a huge difference to setting up bedtime. The Shnuggle Moonlight can help with its soft glow and low blue light levels for promoting sleep.