We may not have much routine at the moment as each day feels the same but for baby’s and young children, keeping a routine can make life a little easier, especially their sleep routine.
With the clocks jumping forward 1 hour this weekend (1am Sunday 28th March), it can be tricky to keep their sleep on track and can take a few days to adjust. Here are just a few things you could do to try and make the transition smoother.
- Start altering their bedtime by just 15 minutes or half an hour earlier than usual a few days before Sunday. Naps and mealtimes will also need to be altered in line with bedtime on those days.
- Tire them out as much as possible during the day
- Cut down or remove screen time completely about 1 hour before bedtime
- Black out blinds can help disguise the brighter evenings
- Create a calming atmosphere before bed, the Shnuggle Moonlight can help with its soft glow and low blue light levels for promoting sleep and a bath before bed can also help relax your little one for bed.