Why not get the kids involved and try some of our easy pancake art. This is a quick and fun activity to keep the kids (and adults) entertained!
These are just some of our ideas but I'm sure you can come up with a few better ones!
What you will need…
Pancake mix recipe:
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 330ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- pinch of salt
We have suggested to ingredients for decorations but this is where you can choose what your kids like or what you already have in the house.
- chocolate spread and/or chocolate buttons
- lots of patience 🙂
- Put all your ingredients in to a large bowel and whisk to a smooth batter. Add milk gradually to avoid lumps.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to rest if you have time.
- Set a frying pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some buttered or oiled kitchen paper.
- When the pan is hot, ladle or spoon pancake portions onto the pan. Wait until you start to see bubbles on the top of the mix before flipping over.
- Either keep warm in a low oven or leave to cool – layer pancakes between baking paper to stop them sticking together.
Now the fun can start – decorating your pancakes. We have some suggestions here for fun animal shapes that you might want to do.
Lion – orange slices or strawberries, banana, blueberries, chocolate spread
Hungry Caterpillar – kiwi, strawberry, blueberries
Bear (or similar such animal 😅) – banana, chocolate spread, strawberries
Please share your creations with us @shnuggle