The first few months with baby can be exhausting with the constant cycle of feeding. Its important that you get as much sleep as you can. With night feeds, settling baby after a feed as calmly and smoothly as possible will help make things a lot easier.
Here are some of our tips for making feeding baby during the night a little easier…..
- Have everything you might need for the night feeds close to hand and organised before you go to bed. The less baby and you are disturbed the better.
- Try to be ready when they start to stir. The more disturbed baby is the longer it will take to settle them back to sleep again.
- Keep lighting soft and to a minimum. Using a feeding light such as Shnuggle Moonlight will help give you just enough light needed.
- As tempting as it is to talk to baby, its better to interact with them as little as possible during the night so they recognise that its time for sleep and not time for fun.
- Only change baby if it’s really necessary.