1. Will the light be bright enough for reading in bed?
Yes if the nightlight is close to the book!
2. Is it suitable for a young baby?
Yes but it is not suitable for teething and is not a toy. The light is tested as safe for babies’ eyes and all materials are non-toxic, BPA free and phthalate free. We don’t recommend leaving baby alone with the nightlight in the cot or crib.
3. Does this product pass all safety standards for the UK/ EU?
Yes, EN71 parts 1-3, toxicity testing for cadmium, Phthalates, PAHs, POP and SCCP. The LEDs and batteries are compliant with international safety standards and the product is tested safe for electromagnetic emissions.
4. Is this product CE certified?
5. Can I leave this light on all night?
Yes – it doesn’t get hot and will automatically switch off after 10 hours undisturbed to save battery.
Base (temperature) light is always on as long as the dock is plugged in.
6. Is this easy for a child to operate?
Yes we have designed moonlight with small children in mind, that’s why there are no buttons switches etc. Moonlight understands when a child (or a grown up!) wants light and typically lights up when interacted with, gently going through a sunset function to promote sleep when left undisturbed.
In Adult mode, we wanted to make this easy to operate as this can be used during nighttime breast feeding. A tilt will switch the light on and another tilt to switch it off when you are done.
7. Does this come complete with charger?
The moonlight comes with a USB lead and guidance on suitable ports and chargers
8. If I use a USB plug, does it need to be a certain spec?
Yes, as stated in the user instructions, at 5V DC plug less than or equal to 5Amp (5A) rating is suitable.
9. Can I use my phone charger plug?
Fast charging plugs can cause a loose connection which will be unable to charge the light, you can check your plug prior to using for the amp and volt rating.
10. What materials are used to make this?
Silicone, faux leather and plastic, all toxicity tested and BPA, Pthalate free.
11. Does this product contain PVC?
12. Where is this manufactured?
Designed in UK manufactured in China
13. My moonlight has become dirty, how do I clean it?
Gently clean with a baby wipe. Do not use harsh or abrasive cleaning chemicals, do not immerse in water.
14. I have broken the strap. Can I buy a replacement?
All parts are fixed in place to improve safety so we cannot offer replacement straps.
15. Is the material covering the light quite robust? I don’t want my children to be able to rip it open.
As part of the independent Laboratory testing Shnuggle have always carried out on new products we tested Moonlight to pass international bite testing and toy safety standards.
16. How long does it take to charge?
Charge time for empty battery ~ 1hour 20 mins
Battery life at 20% brightness 33 hours
Battery life at 100% brightness 10 hours
17. What length is the charger cable supplied?
18. Does it get hot?
No, the lights used in moonlight are cool-touch LEDs.
19. Can I travel with moonlight?
Yes, but it contains a rechargeable Lithium Ion battery so must be carried in hand luggage if flying.
20. Where can I plug it in?
Any standard outlet, with a plug-USB adapter which is rated at 5V DC plug less than or equal to 5Amp (5A) or even a PC or USB plug is suitable.
21. What is the lumen rating?
23. What do the colours on the base of the moonlight mean?
The colours are temperature indicators as the base is a thermometer.
24. My moonlight has stopped working/charging after a few months use, what do I do?
Please contact our customer service team, email@example.com for troubleshooting options and assistance
25. Is there a warranty with the product?
Shnuggle guarantees all products against defects for 12 months from the purchase date, we cannot honour a warranty claim without proof of purchase.
26. How bright is the coloured light?
The light is not bright enough to disturb sleep, we purposefully designed the moonlight with low blue light levels to help promote a more restful sleep.
27. My moonlight is flashing between 2 colours, is it faulty?
The colour flashing will only happen when the room temperature is precisely 21.5 degrees, and resolves itself as soon as the temperature changes to say 21.6. It is not a fault in the product as it is reading a precise temperature.
We would recommend trying the base in different rooms with varying temperatures to see how the dock reacts and if it stays on one colour for a period of time.
30. How do I turn the product on?
The USB needs to be inserted into a plug in the wall and pushed into the slot on the base, to switch the moonlight on you will need a small pin or something similar to click in the on button once it has been charged on the base
31. I would rather not leave the charge base in the room, how long will the light last in child mode without charging?
When fully charged this should last about 3 nights