1. How long can this bath be used for? What are the age recommendations?
It is suitable for babies from birth – 12+ months but this can depend on their size and development which they can then be upgraded to our toddler bath
2. What is the bath made from?
All the materials used in our baby bath are compliant with international REACH material safety standards. Our bath is made from polypropylene (PP) and the back rest is EVA foam both of which are non-toxic and does not include PVC or BPA.
3. What are the bath dimensions?
Height 35 cm
From base: L 34 x 25.5 cm
From top: L 59 x 39 cm
4. Can the bath fit into a kitchen sink?
The bath can fit in most kitchen sinks although we recommend measuring this first, please refer to specification for dimensions
5. Is there a weight limit?
We do not specify a maximum weight for our Baby Bath. Our advice would be to stop using the bath once the baby is standing up too often and are able to confidently sit up on their own. This is typically around 10-12 months but depends on their size and development stage.
At that stage, we have developed the Shnuggle Toddler Bath as a follow-on product.
6. How do you to wash a newborn in this bath?
Newborns may need that little bit of extra support until they are strong enough to support their neck and head for the first 3-4 weeks. We always recommend you use one hand to support babies head or neck until they can hold up their own head and the other hand to wash. The bum bump is useful from birth as it will support babies' lower body.
If you have the bath raised, ie/ Kitchen sink or changing table, this makes holding babies' heads with one hand really easy. Then as soon as they can support their own head, you have a tub where the baby can sit unaided until they are 12+ months. Being able to move the bath closer to you will make it easier to support the baby than using a standard bath
7. Is it okay to add additional support in the bath?
Parents shouldn't add anything to the bath as the baby bump is there to help support the baby. Adding additional items of support isn't necessary, it is safer to keep other items out of the bath when bathing the baby.
8. Does the bath come with a stand?
We do have a bath stand that fits the Shnuggle bath which is sold separately on our website here: https://shnuggle.com/product/new-shnuggle-folding-bath-stand
9. Can I put this be put inside the toddler bath as a storage saver?
Yes the baby bath fits nicely inside the toddler bath
10. How much water does the baby bath hold?
11. How heavy is the bath?
12. How do I clean the bath?
Our recommended care instructions are simply to use a soft cloth and warm soapy water. Then allow the bath to air in a dry room.
13. My foam backrest has started to peel off, is there a way this can be replaced?
Yes, we have spare backrests available upon request. Please email our customer service team firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Can I hang the bath up anywhere for storage?
We have not tested this with the bath just yet, it could be hung if you have something that fits.
15. My baby is using its legs to pull itself up from the bath and it feels dangerous, what do you suggest?
We know babies can outgrow things quickly. A baby will go through stages in their development where they push against things and try to move, for many babies this is a phase and as the baby becomes more engaged with the water and toys at bath time this often reduces. If they are going through a very active phase they are likely to do the same in every bath, as per the safety guidance, as long as baby is supervised when having the bath this shouldn’t be dangerous and something that will stop happening over time.
16. Is this bath suitable for a newborn? As I am mindful of the little bump in the middle?
The bath is suitable for babies from birth right up until 12 months, the bum bump is great as it helps support the baby
17. Given the seated position and the low level of water, how do you wash baby's hair without putting water everywhere (i.e. outside the bath)?
You can use the washy jug to pour water over baby or the shnuggle washcloths are also useful in doing this
18. Where is the bath made?
Designed in the UK, manufactured in China.
19. What safety standards is the bath tested to?
The Shnuggle bath is fully tested and compliant with all UK / EU / US / Australian safety standards and is re-tested annually.
20. My bath is leaking what do I do?
Please check the plug is fully clicked in, if there is noticeable damage to the plug from wear and tear overtime we have replacement plugs, please contact our customer service email@example.com for further information
21. Does this fit inside a bath?
Yes, the bath should fit into most standard bath tubs or shower trays
22. Can the bath be recycled?
The bath is made from polypropylene and is widely recyclable. However, you will need to check with your Local Authority to ensure it is recycled in your area. The backrest, feet and plug will need to be removed before disposing of.
23. I have lost the rubber feet on the bottom of the bath, is there replacement parts for this?
Yes please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information