Handles- polyurethane upholstery
Mattress- 60% 40% polyester
Dressing Set- 100% cotton excluding trim
2. Where is this manufactured?
The basket and mattress are manufactured in the UK and the dressing set is manufactured in China to high quality standards.
3. How much does the basket weigh?
Fully assembled this is 4kg
4. What are the dimensions of the basket?
L90 X W46 X H54 cm (with hood, without hood it is 24.5 H)
5. How long can I use the basket for? What is the age range?
Normally the basket is only used for around 6 months but this depends on the baby's development. The product is only suitable for a child who cannot sit up unaided, roll over and can not push itself up on its hands and knees.
6. Can I carry my child in the basket?
Although the handles of the moses basket are very strong and sturdy, we do not recommend you move or carry the basket whilst the baby is inside
7. What is the difference between the classic and the dreami?
Please see attached link that explains this in full detail.
8. What does the classic moses basket come with?
Moses basket, dressing set (including hood) & moses mattress
9. Can you use a sleepyhead in the basket?
As we are aware the sleepyhead does fit in the Shnuggle baskets, however we do not recommend it is used in conjunction with our baskets, due to the recommendations given by the lullaby trust on safe sleeping
10. If the ventilation holes are at the bottom, is it safe for the Moses basket to be used without the stands. i.e on the floor, as this will then cover the holes?
Yes this is safe to use on the floor, the moses basket dressing set is made of 100% breathable cotton to maximise airflow and help regulate baby’s temperature along with the mattress which has a breathable quilted cover.
11. What is the maximum weight the basket holds?
12. Do you sell replacement parts for the basket?
Yes we sell replacement dressing sets, mattresses and hood fitting packs on our “sleep” section of the website
13. Is the hood detachable?
Yes the hood can be attached and detached whenever you prefer
14. What size mattress does it come with?
Our moses mattress is 74 x 28 x 3 cm
15. Is the base nice and supportive? My little boy had a wicker one and did not get on well with it due to sagging.
The Shnuggle Moses Basket is designed for stability. The base is solid on the sides with air holes for ventilation on the bottom. Creating a safe, secure environment for baby.
16. What stands are available for this basket?
Stands available are the curve, rocking and folding stands which are available here:
If you wish to use the classic basket with the curve stand the hood will need to be detached to use the stand in the low-level rocking position.
17. The handles on my basket have become dirty, how do I clean them?
As the handles are permanently attached to the base and cannot be removed, we simply recommend using warm soapy water to clean the straps
18. Is the mattress breathable?
Yes, the mattress has a hypoallergenic core and breathable quilted cover
19. What size is the sleeping area?
74cm in length and 28cm in width
20. Is the mattress cover waterproof or do I need to buy a sheet?
The mattress cover is water resistant rather than waterproof to maximise its breathability, we sell moses waterproof sheets that fit our mattress perfectly:
21. Does this come in a box?
Yes, this is perfectly packed into a cardboard box
22. What standards is the moses basket tested to?
Fully tested to all relevant EU standards including EU standard EN 1466: 2014 for carry cots and stands. Mattress tested to BS 7177 2008+A1 2011 and BS 1877-102011+A1 2021
23. Can twins sleep in the moses basket together?
No, they will need to be in two separate moses baskets
24. Are there sheets available that fit the mattress?
Yes we sell waterproof moses sheets and grey fitted sheets that fit our mattress perfectly
25. I have misplaced the hood, can this be purchased separately?
We do not sell the hood separately as this comes as a part of the classic dressing set which is sold separately here:
A hood fittings pack will also need to be purchased to be able to attach the hood if you have misplaced the fixings
26. I want to re-use the basket for a second child, do I need to buy a new mattress?
We follow the advice given by Lullaby Trust that states:
“It can be common to use a second-hand mattress either from friends and family, or from your previous children. There is some research that found an increased chance of SIDS when using a second-hand mattress brought in from outside of the family home, although the link is not yet proven.
To help reduce this risk, if you are using a second-hand mattress make sure the mattress you choose was previously completely protected by a waterproof cover, with no rips or tears and is in good condition. The mattress should also still be firm and flat to keep your baby sleeping safely.”